Canadian Thanksgiving is a time of warmth, gratitude, and celebration, bringing families and friends together around the table to share cherished moments and, of course, delicious food. This year, add a touch of Canadian flair to your Thanksgiving feast with our mouthwatering appetizer: Maple Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites.
This delightful appetizer combines the rich and comforting flavors of Canada, featuring sweet maple syrup and savory bacon, with a twist of fall-inspired sweetness from roasted sweet potatoes. These bite-sized wonders are the perfect way to kick off your Thanksgiving meal, tantalizing your taste buds and setting the stage for the culinary delights that lie ahead.
Whether you're hosting a grand Thanksgiving gathering or simply looking to savor the essence of Canadian cuisine, these Maple Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites are a delightful addition to your holiday table. Prepare to impress your guests and ignite their appetites with this uniquely Canadian Thanksgiving treat. Let's dive into the recipe and get ready to savor the taste of Canada's bounty!
For the Maple Glaze:
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 slices of thick-cut bacon, cut in half
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Prepare the Maple Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, Dijon mustard, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
3. Assemble the Bites:
- Take a sweet potato cube and wrap it with a half-slice of bacon. Secure it with a toothpick.
- Repeat this process for all the sweet potato cubes and bacon.
4. Glaze the Bites:
- Place the bacon-wrapped sweet potato bites on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush each bite generously with the maple glaze mixture, ensuring they are well-coated.
- Bake the bites in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the sweet potatoes are tender. You can flip them halfway through cooking for even browning.
6. Garnish and Serve:
- Remove the bites from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs if desired.
- Serve the Maple Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites warm.
These delectable bacon-wrapped sweet potato bites are a perfect Canadian Thanksgiving appetizer. They combine the sweetness of maple syrup with the savory goodness of bacon, and the roasted sweet potatoes add a delightful twist to the classic flavors of Thanksgiving. Your guests will love these bites as they savor the taste of Canada's rich culinary heritage.